The story of the greenhouse
The oldest boy had a greenhouse in his yard that he wanted to get rid off. It was right in the road of everything so the decision was made to move it to our yard.
Once we had moved it to it’s temporary spot, I could start with cleaning up the inside.
The greenhouse was moved to its permanent spot.
I painted it and this made everything look considerably nicer and fresher.
A good oil based paint was used to help resist moisture and molds, and to give it durability.
I hope I will be able to use it in the spring for starting some seeds, or at least keep some of my plants in before setting them out in the garden. Eventually the windows and the siding will be changed and the husband wants to make a space to store grain samples and a spot to test grains for humidity. Hopefully this coming year we also will have power in the greenhouse for lights.
I am hoping I may be able to add a different look to the inside, which will mean removing all the existing shelving, but with the wedding this year this probably will have to wait for next year.
Update September 25 2016
Putting it all back together again
You can see that the greenhouse soon had become a storage shed, and it was getting difficult to find things.
So finally I took the time to change things up for the better. The shelves were hung again…
And everything was put in it’s place.
Isn’t this so much better! I even found a rug for the floor! And there is even room for the seed samples from the husband.
Now I should be able to use it next spring.