Preparing for the final veranda make over.
The furniture that was still on the veranda was moved constantly back and forth to make room for getting the windows in and all the other things that needed to be taken care of before the actual staining could happen. I had started with scraping of the worst of the old waterproofing stain with a small palette knife. During June, July and August I worked very hard to get the veranda sanded and stained. Not a difficult job to do but physically I found it very demanding, and a very hot job to do. Then after all that mess was cleaned up the final stage of sanding and staining could begin.
Sanding with the belt sander from the husband was much better than trying to do it by hand and naturally it did a much better job. I liked the lightness of the wood after the Sanding bit the stain I ended up with was much darker then I initially had wanted. It turned out OK and I now really like it the color is more reddish and does add a warmed to the room that otherwise would not be there.
I just love sitting here it is nice and bright the windows open and you can hear the birds chirp it is my favorite place for my first cup of coffee in the morning.
Well and there you have it, a lot still needs to be done, but we may be able to insulate the walls in the winter. We have not figured out what to put on the walls, but we will find something.
Don’t be shy, leave a reply!